A Robust Power Transmission Lines Detection Method Based on Probabilistic Estimation of Vanishing Point
- A Robust Power Transmission Lines Detection Method Based on Probabilistic Estimation of Vanishing Point
- 유주한; 김동환; 이석; 박성기
- power transmission lines detection; vanishing point; probabilistic estimation
- Issue Date
- 로봇학회 논문지= Journal of Korea Robotics Society
- VOL 10, NO 1, 9-15
- We present a robust power transmission lines detection method based on vanishing point
estimation. Vanishing point estimation can be helpful to detect power transmission lines because parallel lines converge on the vanishing point in a projected 2D image. However, it is not easy to estimate the vanishing point correctly in an image with complex background. Thus, we first propose a vanishing point estimation method on power transmission lines by using a probabilistic voting procedure based on intersection points of line segments. In images obtained by our system, power transmission lines are located in a fan-shaped area centered on this estimated vanishing point, and therefore we select the line segments that converge to the estimated vanishing point as candidate line segments for power transmission lines only in this fan-shaped area. Finally, we detect the power transmission lines from these candidate line segments. Experimental results show that the proposed method is robust to noise and efficient to detect power transmission lines.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.